> Rod Taylor writes:
>
> > Anyone mind if we bump the DTD version to Docbook 4.2?
>
> Not sure if we should do this now.  We're approaching the time where
> people should be writing documentation, not having to refiddle their
> carefully crafted DocBook installations.  We're not going to realize any
> immediate benefits anyway.

Indeed.

> > What it buys is a number of useful tags, SVGs and probably more
> > importantly for the future, xsl and fop support which will probably be
> > important in the future.  OpenJade hasn't had a new release in quite a
> > long time -- not to say work isn't needed.
>
> The last release was in January.
>
> > Yes, after updating docs to the newer DTD I intend to make them XML
> > compliant to ensure they work with v5 of docbook in the future.
>
> Ah, an XML vs. SGML debate.  I look forward to it.

Please no!

If and when it becomes forcibly preferable to use XML, there's a
tool called sgml2xml that is part of the "sp" package (which includes nsgmls
and sgmlnorm) that does a Perfectly Good Job of this.  Totally automated.

Possible exception: sgml2xml capitalizes all the tags, and it looks like the
XML DTD wants MixedCaseTagging, which is a rather irritating thing about XML;
in any case, that's something that should be fixed up in one fell swoop in a
"normalize it all and make it into XML" process LATER.

It would make sense to fix use of any deprecated elements, but "fixing" any
XML aspects of it now is pretty much a senseless exercise.
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "moc.enworbbc@" "enworbbc"))
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/emacs.html

http://archives.postgresql.org