Tom Lane wrote:
> Bruce Momjian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > Reindex/btree shrinkage - does reindex need work, can btree be shrunk?
>
> I think there is zero probability that anything will be finished on this
> in the next two weeks, considering that (a) no one is working on it,
> and (b) it's not a small task.  Push it back to TODO.

Done.  Also, we do now have contrib/reindexdb, so it is there for people
to use until we get it fixed.  That is a step forward, and it is
a documented problem in 7.3 too.

> > Schema handling - ready? interfaces? client apps?
>
> You can put my name on this for backend, psql, and pg_dump issues.  I am
> not sure what needs to be done in the other client-side code.

I am worried about the other stuff.  I just added "DROP COLUMN" to the
open items list to make sure that is dealt with too.

> > improve macros in new tuple header code (Manfred)
>
> Since I was the one griping, not Manfred, it's probably my job to fix
> this.

OK, but I thought Manfred was going to address this when he got back
from vacation, but he is back now.  I assume you are saying that he
isn't quite sure what you want and that you will have to do it.  OK.