Absolutely, I have been looking into this and I have some thoughts, but right
now all I was trying to do was some rough implementations just to help me
make sure I understand all / most of the issues.  I am very new to hacking on
the guts of the backend.

I plan on posting a formal proposal when I feel more confident as to what I'm
talking about.