On 2012-11-14 13:27:26 -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>
> > > * In heap_lock_tuple's  XMAX_IS_MULTI case
> > >
> > > [snip]
> > >
> > > why is it membermode > mode and not membermode >= mode?
> >
> > Uh, that's a bug.  Fixed.  As noticed in the comment above that snippet,
> > there was a deadlock possible here.  Maybe I should add a test to ensure
> > this doesn't happen.
>
> Done:
> https://github.com/alvherre/postgres/commit/df2847e38198e99f57e52490e1e9391ebb70d770
>
> (I don't think this is worth a v24 submission).

One more observation:
        /*
         * Get and lock the updated version of the row; if fail, return
        NULL.
         */
-       copyTuple = EvalPlanQualFetch(estate, relation, LockTupleExclusive,
+       copyTuple = EvalPlanQualFetch(estate, relation, LockTupleNoKeyExclusive,

That doesn't seem to be correct to me. Why is it ok to acquire a
potentially too low locklevel here?

Greetings,

Andres Freund