It is certainly possibly.  We have added that type of functionality to
our inhouse CVS system.  Below is an example.  We include at the bottom
of the checkin mail a link to the webcvs diff page so you can quickly
see what changed for a particular checkin.

--Barry

wfs checkin by barry       02/08/16 12:10:39

  Modified:    com/.../sql/postgres SessionManagerBaseSql.java
               com/.../sql/mssql SessionManagerBaseSql.java
               com/.../sql/oracle SessionManagerBaseSql.java
  Log:
  port fix for bug 1605 from 3.3 to 4.0

https://foo.bar.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/wfs/com/.../sql/postgres/SessionManagerBaseSql.java.diff?r1=40.1&r2=40.2&diff_format=h

https://foo.bar.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/wfs/com/.../sql/mssql/SessionManagerBaseSql.java.diff?r1=40.0&r2=40.1&diff_format=h