I am aware that in the case at hand, the call to make_fn_arguments() is with the only possible candidate function, so changing COERCE_IMPLICIT to COERCE_ASSIGNMENT inside of make_fn_arguments() is correct. But I wonder if this may have any unwanted side effects for other code paths to make_fn_arguments(), like from optimizer/util/clauses.c or from parser/parse_oper.c. I'm not saying it does, just asking if that could be the case.

Jan