Andrew Dunstan <and...@dunslane.net> writes:
> On 01/08/2013 10:37 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> We could try adding an AC_TRY_LINK test using perl_embed_ldflags,
>> but given the weird stuff happening to redefine that value on Windows
>> in plperl/GNUmakefile I think there's a serious risk of breaking Cygwin
>> builds.  Since I lack access to either Cygwin or a platform on which
>> there's a problem today, I'm not going to be the one to mess with it.

> ITYM Mingw - the Makefile doesn't do anything for Cygwin.

OK, sorry.

> If you want to build a configure test, you could make it conditional on
> the PORTNAME not being win32, since we don't seem to have a problem
> there anyway.

Actually, if we were to try to clean this up, I'd suggest moving that
logic into the configure script --- it's not apparent to me why it's
a good idea to be changing configure-determined values in the Makefile.
But in any case this would have to be done by somebody who's in a
position to test on affected platforms.