On 18.01.2013 08:50, Amit Kapila wrote:
I think currently user has no way to specify TCP keepalive settings from
pg_basebackup, please let me know if there is any such existing way?

I was going to say you can just use "keepalives_idle=30" in the connection string. But there's no way to pass a connection string to pg_basebackup on the command line! The usual way to pass a connection string is to pass it as the database name, and PQconnect will expand it, but that doesn't work with pg_basebackup because it hardcodes the database name as "replication". D'oh.

You could still use environment variables and a service file to do it, but it's certainly more cumbersome. It clearly should be possible to pass a full connection string to pg_basebackup, that's an obvious oversight.

- Heikki