On Saturday, January 19, 2013 2:37 AM Boszormenyi Zoltan wrote:
Boszormenyi Zoltan <z...@cybertec.at> writes:
On using mktemp, linux compilation gives below warning
warning: the use of `mktemp' is dangerous, better use `mkstemp'

Everywhere else that we need to do something like this, we just use our
own PID to disambiguate, ie
     sprintf(tempfilename, "/path/to/file.%d", (int) getpid());
There is no need to deviate from that pattern or introduce portability
issues, since we can reasonably assume that no non-Postgres programs are
creating files in this directory.
Thanks for the enlightenment, I will post a new version soon.
Here it is.
The patch sent by you works fine.
It needs small modification as below:

The "auto.conf.d" directory should follow the postgresql.conf file directory
not the data_directory.
The same is validated while parsing the postgresql.conf configuration file.

Patch is changed to use the postgresql.conf file directory as below.

StrNCpy(ConfigFileDir, ConfigFileName, sizeof(ConfigFileDir));
get_parent_directory(ConfigFileDir);
/* Frame auto conf name and auto conf sample temp file name */
snprintf(AutoConfFileName, sizeof(AutoConfFileName), "%s/%s/%s",
                                         ConfigFileDir,
                                         PG_AUTOCONF_DIR,
                                         PG_AUTOCONF_FILENAME);

Maybe it's just me but I prefer to have identical
settings across all replicated servers. But I agree
that there can be use cases with different setups.

All in all, this change makes it necessary to run the
same SET PERSISTENT statements on all slave servers,
too, to make them identical again if the configuration
is separated from the data directory (like on Debian
or Ubuntu using the default packages). This needs to be
documented explicitly.

This closes all comments raised till now for this patch.
Kindly let me know if you feel something is missing?

I can't think of anything else.

Best regards,
Zoltán Böszörményi

--