On Wednesday, January 30, 2013 7:59 PM Zoltán Böszörményi wrote:
2. regress check failed because the expected ".out" file is not
updated properly.
Which regress check failed? The .out file was updated in the patch for
prepared_xacts.sql where >the regression tests for lock_timeout were added.
Or do you mean the one for the sql file you >sent?

During regress test, "prepared_xacts_1.out" expected file used for comparing
with the result file. Which is not updated by the patch. Because of this
reason the regress check is failing.

I see, so this is a Windows-only change that needs a different.
Can you send the resulting prepared_xacts_1.out file so I can integrate
its changes into my patch? That way it would be complete.
Thanks in advance.

I have found a little time to look into this problem and
found a way to make pg_regress use prepared_xacts_1.out.
I had to change line 2193 in pg_regress.c from

    fputs("max_prepared_transactions = 2\n", pg_conf);

    fputs("max_prepared_transactions = 0\n", pg_conf);

The patch now passed "make check" in both cases.

Best regards,
Zoltán Böszörményi

--
Zoltán Böszörményi