On 01/31/2013 07:16 PM, David E. Wheeler wrote:
On Jan 31, 2013, at 2:20 PM, Andrew Dunstan <and...@dunslane.net> wrote:

I'm happy to take opinions about this, and I expected some bikeshedding, but
your reaction is contrary to everything others have told me. Mostly they love
the operators.

I guess that '~>' and '~>>' would work as well as '->' and '->>'.
Or +> and +>>, since ~ is set very high and small by some fonts (where the
fontmakers though of it as a kind of superscript character).

I suppose that := is out of the question?

Even if it were I would not on any account use it. As an old Ada programmer my mind just revolts at the idea of using this for anything but assignment.

cheers

andrew