On Sat, February 23, 2013 00:09, Mike Toews wrote:

> Type info can be viewed with "\d mytable", however often I'd like to see
> the type (and typmod) info in SELECT queries with psql, similar to pgAdmin
> III. For example:
>
> my_db=# \pset type
> my_db=# SELECT * FROM my_table;
>  gid     | description            | width
>  integer | character varying(255) | numeric(6,3)
> ---------+------------------------+--------------
>        1 | Hello                  | 3.220
> (1 row)
>
> Has anyone else thought this was a missing feature?

As an occasional pgAdmin user, I have often thought that this feature should be
added to psql.  It
would save time going back and forth between different views (especially with
broad tables).  I
would be glad to have the possibility. It would have to be optional, of course.

In short: +1 from me.

thanks,

Erik Rijkers