On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 6:27 PM, Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This may be true, but so what?  We don't generally restrict changing
> GUC settings on the grounds that people probably won't wish to do so
> because it isn't useful.  We restrict it in situations where it is not
> technically possible or is liable to be harmful.

Sure, but that isn't what I'm concerned about. I'm concerned about
people being lulled into a false sense of security about setting
commit_delay to 0 locally. If they do that, their actual additional
delay at commit time may well be only marginally less than the full
commit_delay, and will only rarely actually be 0.

--
Peter Geoghegan