* Tom Lane (t...@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> Stephen Frost <sfr...@snowman.net> writes:
> > The big win here over a binary COPY is pulling through the indexes as-is
> > as well- without having to rebuild them.

[... lots of reasons this is hard ...]

I agree that it's quite a bit more difficult, to the point that logical
replication which can be selective (eg: give me only table X + indexes)
might end up being the only answer, but otherwise this approach will
likely only be a modest improvement over binary COPY FREEZE- and there
only because we essentially end up skipping the type validation (which
we could just provide as an option, similar to COPY FREEZE...).

        Thanks,

                Stephen