On 05.05.2013 12:13, Amit Langote wrote:
Hello,

I  tried reproducing the scenario. Note that I did not archive xlogs
(that is, archive_command = '/bin/true' and corresponding
restore_command = '/bin/false'). I performed the steps you mentioned
and could find following:
[snip]
[Standby-2]FATAL:  could not receive data from WAL stream: ERROR:  server
switched off timeline 1 at 0/3510B14, but walsender already streamed up to
0/3512000

Is this related to the assertion failure that you have reported?

Yep, same issue. If you compile with assertions disabled, you get that error instead of the assertion. They both check for the same thing, it was an oversight to have both.

- Heikki