On 5/17/2013 12:39 PM, Liming Hu wrote:
On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 12:06 PM, Josh Berkus <j...@agliodbs.com> wrote:
Can we add Levenshtein-Damerau edit distance since it is used in
spelling checker
instead of levenshtein edit distance?
Patches welcome!  You, too, can be a PostgreSQL contributor.

However, you will need to preserve the ability of users to use the old
levenshtien algorithm as well, for backwards-compatibility.  Shouldn't
be hard, just add a new function called levenshtiend().

I am working on it, I will make it this weekend project.

I have done that. and put the code at github:
https://github.com/liminghu/fuzzystrmatch

liming@liming-UX31A:~/Downloads/postgresql-9.1.9/contrib/fuzzystrmatch$
sudo cp fuzzystrmatch.so
/usr/lib/postgresql/9.1/lib/fuzzystrmatch.so
liming@liming-UX31A:~/Downloads/postgresql-9.1.9/contrib/fuzzystrmatch$
sudo /etc/init.d/postgresql restart

 * Restarting PostgreSQL 9.1 database server

   [ OK ]

select dameraulevenshteinnocompatible('cta', 'cat',1,1,1,1);
CREATE EXTENSION fuzzystrmatch;

********** Error **********

ERROR: could not load library
"/usr/lib/postgresql/9.1/lib/fuzzystrmatch.so":
/usr/lib/postgresql/9.1/lib/fuzzystrmatch.so: undefined symbol:
damerau_levenshtein_internal_noncompatible

Any one can help me on this? Thanks.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.