----- Original Message -----

> From: Peter Eisentraut <pete...@gmx.net>

> I have never actually used symbolic-ref, but after playing with it a
> little bit, it seems it should work fine for this purpose.
>
> Comments?

+1

its should work fine, because any how we just going to add symbolic-ref which
contain  "ref: refs/heads/master".

Just want to ask, what exactly you want, is like this
1. you want to create symbolic -ref as _git symbolic-ref
"refs/heads/REL9_3_STABLE" "refs/heads/master"_
2. which will show in _git branch_ as
 REL9_3_STABLE -> master
 * master
3. Then you want to  checkout to REL9_3_STABLE , and pull the all changes
pointing to master?
4. while actual happened then want to create  branch REL9_3_STABLE?

Is this way?

Regards
Amul Sul