Svenne Krap <svenne.li...@krap.dk> wrote:
> On 18-06-2013 20:17, Kevin Grittner wrote:
>>
>>> I was surprised to see that an index-test failed.
>>
>> It works for me.  Could you paste or attach some detail?
>
> Gladly, if you tell me what would be relevant to attach :)
>
> I am brand new to the postgresql source code and hence have no
> real idea how to catch it..

Apologies; I somehow missed the file attached to your initial post.
That's the sort of thing I was looking for.

Having reviewed that, the source code comments indicate it is for
"character-by-character (not collation order) comparison operators
for character types".  Perhaps your collation is having an impact
regardless of that.  Could you show us the values of your settings
related to locale?

--
Kevin Grittner
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company