On 02.07.2013 18:24, Andres Freund wrote:
I've quickly verified that it indeed uses them. I wish I hadn't. Brrr. I
can't even guess what that should do from the surrounding code/function
names. Except that it looks broken under concurrency as long as
SnapshotNow is used (because the query's snapshot won't be as new as
SnapshotNow, even in read committed mode).

Heikki, do you understand the code well enough to explain it without
investing time?

No, sorry. I think it has something to do with updateable cursors, but I don't understand the details.

- Heikki