On 07/06/2013 09:12 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 6:56 PM, Andres Freund <and...@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 2013-07-03 14:17:20 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
I agree.  I think it'd be a good idea to get the buildfarm to run the
existing collate.utf8.linux test regularly on platforms where it
passes, but this particular approach is valuable mostly because
(supposedly) it was going to work everywhere.  However, it doesn't.
Hm. What about extending the existing resultmap logic to make that
possible in general? E.g. don't run the test if a file is mapped to an
empty expected file.
Not a bad thought.

Or maybe just invent a magic result file name such as "none" or "do_not_run".

I'm not keen to have us build up a large patchwork of regression tests that run on some platforms and not on others, though.

cheers

andrew