On 2013-07-15 12:20:15 +0200, Markus Wanner wrote:
> On 07/15/2013 12:05 PM, Andres Freund wrote:
> > A superuser can execute native code as postges user. That's it.
>
> Oh, I though Robert meant postgres users, i.e. non-superusers.

Oh, I am talking about *postgres* superusers ;). The example provided
upthread doesn't require 'root' permissions but only database level
superuser permissions.

> I hereby withdraw my pitchforks: I'm certainly not opposing to simplify
> the life of superusers, who already have the power.

I think what dimitri has in mind could easily be delegating the
"dangerous" work to a suid binary which does policy checking and the
real install...

Greetings,

Andres Freund