Hello again Tatsuo,

For your information, included is the patch against git master head to
implement the lag in a way what I proposed. With the patch, I get more
consistent number on Linux (and Mac OS X).

I must disagree with your proposal: At least, it does not provide the information I want, but another one.

ISTM that this patch measures the lag which is due to pgbench thread coming around to deal with a transaction after sleeping. I would expect that to be quite small most of the time, so I agree that it must be reassuringly consistent.

However it does not provide the information I want, which is the measure of the health of pgbench with respect to the stochastic process scheduled transactions.

Basically you propose a partial lag measure, which will be smaller, but which does not tell whether pgbench is able to follow the schedule, which is the information I find useful in this context to appreciate if the throttling is going well.

--
Fabien.