On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 2:33 AM, Greg Stark <st...@mit.edu> wrote:
> I think there's some magic in gdb for this but I'm not sure how to
> make it happen. If you figure it out I would think it would be
> generally useful and we should find a way to put it in the source tree
> so it works for everyone.
>
> You might find it useful to put breakpoints in heap_deformtuple() with
> conditions that catch the tuple you're looking for. That function will
> often (but not always) be the first function to see your corrupt
> tuple.

With the core dump using which I worked on this problem about a month
back, I couldn't find heap_deformtuple() in the code path that
resulted in the segfault. As I said, it was slot_deform_tuple(). Is it
possible that it would be in the code path for a query like:

select bpcharcol1, bpcharcol2, int4col3, bpcharcol4,
octet_length(textcol5) from table where octet_length(textcol5) >
8000000;

--
Amit Langote