On Thu, Aug 08, 2013 at 04:42:11AM +0000, Kodamasimham Pridhvi (MT2012066)
wrote:
>     With reference to "Add XML Schema validation and xmlvalidate functions
> (SQL:2008)" in ToDo list, we have gone through pgsql-mailing list  but we
> didn't find any significant work in this area, so we are proposing our own
> model for xml schema validation . please kindly go through it and let us know
> how can we improve it.Please find the attached proposal document.

Note that PostgreSQL 8.3 had xmlvalidate() for a time; commit
3bf822c4d722d6245a65abdd2502a9d26ab990d5 removed it due to security problems.
A new implementation (or revamp of the old) must avoid reintroducing those
vulnerabilities.  Similar considerations apply to XML Schema.

--
Noah Misch
EnterpriseDB                                 http://www.enterprisedb.com