On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 1:11 PM, Sawada Masahiko <sawada.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Taking a look at PostgreSQL HEAD today, I noticed that currently
> PostgreSQL allows "of" value as bool type value.
> So user can execute the following SQL.
>
> =# SET enbale_seqscan TO of;
>
> And I read the source code related to parsing bool value.
> It compare TWO characters "off" and the setting value in
> parse_bool_with_len() function.
> Should we deny the "of" value as bool type value?

 When I checked the manual for values of bool types, it says as follows:
  " Boolean values can be written as on, off, true, false, yes, no, 1,
0 (all case-insensitive) or any unambiguous prefix of these."
   Now "of" can be considered as unambiguous prefix of "off", so it
might be intentional.
   Please refer below link for more detailed description:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/config-setting.html#CONFIG-SETTING-NAMES-VALUES

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.