于 2013-09-04 19:30, Noah Misch 回复:
On Wed, Sep 04, 2013 at 12:08:48PM +0800, wangs...@highgo.com.cn wrote:
I find that it takes a long time when I increase the scale of a numeric
datatype.
By checking the code, I found that's because it needs to rewrite that
table's file.
After checking that table's data file, I found only parameter n_header
changed.
And, I found the data in that numeric field never changed.
So I thank It's not necessary to rewrite the table's file in this case.

Noah Misch <n...@leadboat.com> wrote:
n_header is part of the numeric field's data. That's not just pedantry: the display scale stored in n_header affects how numeric_out() formats the value.

Thanks for your reply.

Just because of what you said, I think increasing scale only lead to differently
diaplay. There's no difference between 5.25 and 5.2500 in use.
So thers's no need to rewrite the table.