于 2013-09-05 01:56, Robert Haas 回复:
On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 3:13 AM,  <wangs...@highgo.com.cn> wrote:
于 2013-09-03 08:15, David Johnston 回复:

Jeff Davis-8 wrote

Is there any semantic difference between marking a constraint as
DISABLED and simply dropping it? Or does it just make it easier to
re-add it later?

David Johnston wrote:

I cannot answer the question but if there is none then the main concern
I'd
have is capturing "meta-information" about WHY such a constraint has been
disabled instead of dropped.

Drop/build and disable/enable constraint has no fundamental difference, and could achieve the same purpose.What I do also more convenient for the
user.
Recording the disabled constraints is easier than recoding all the
constrains.
What's more, a lot of people ever asked about turing off constraint and
The sql2008 support this.So I think it's necessary in some ways.

Please add your patch to the upcoming CommitFest so we don't forget about it.

https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/commitfest_view/open

Please see also https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Submitting_a_Patch

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

I had committed the patch to the Server Features
(https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/commitfest_view/open).
Is this right ? If not, please give me more advice,thanks !

     Wang Shuo
     HighGo Software Co.,Ltd.
     September 5, 2013