On 09/19/2013 11:40 PM, Dimitri Fontaine wrote:
> Vik Fearing <vik.fear...@dalibo.com> writes:
>> I don't know if this has been discussed before, a cursory search of the
>> archives didn't turn up anything interesting.  I perhaps didn't put in
>> the right keywords.
> For others not to spend too much time on this: it seems like a problem
> with the extension not abiding by the rules about its relocatable
> property and the @extschema@ thingy.
>
>   http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/extend-extensions.html#AEN54999

I can't get this to work.  If I modify my function to be

CREATE FUNCTION no_accents(text)
    RETURNS boolean
    AS 'select $1 = unaccent($1);'
    LANGUAGE sql STABLE STRICT
    SET search_path = '@extschema@';

then I get

d=# create extension unaccent;
ERROR:  function unaccent(text) does not exist
LINE 1: select $1 = unaccent($1);
                    ^
HINT:  No function matches the given name and argument types. You might
need to add explicit type casts.
QUERY:  select $1 = unaccent($1);

If I modify it to be

CREATE FUNCTION no_accents(text)
    RETURNS boolean
    AS 'select $1 = unaccent($1);'
    LANGUAGE sql STABLE STRICT;
ALTER FUNCTION no_accents(text) SET search_path = '@extschema@';

then I get the same restore problem I originally described.

What am I doing wrong?

--
Vik