Since back branches releases are getting closer, I would like to push
this to all supported branches.  To avoid a compatibility nightmare in
case the new die-on-delayed-renegotiation behavior turns out not to be
so great, I think it would be OK to set the error level to WARNING in
all branches but master (and reset the byte count, to avoid filling the
log).  I would also add a CONTEXT line with the current counter value
and the configured limit, and a HINT to report to pg-hackers.  That way
we will hopefully have more info on problems in the field.

Anybody opposed to this?