Michael Paquier escribió:

> Btw, taking the problem from another viewpoint... This feature has now
> 3 patches, the 2 first patches doing only code refactoring. Could it
> be possible to have a look at those ones first? Straight-forward
> things should go first, simplifying the core feature evaluation.

I have pushed the first half of the first patch for now, revising it
somewhat: I renamed the functions and put them in lmgr.c instead of
procarray.c.

I think the second half of that first patch (WaitForOldSnapshots) should
be in index.c, not procarray.c either.  I didn't look at the actual code
in there.

I already shipped Michael fixed versions of the remaining patches
adjusting them to the changed API.  I expect him to post them here.