On 07.10.2013 16:58, Andres Freund wrote:
On 2013-10-07 06:44:19 -0700, Kevin Grittner wrote:
Patch attached.  Any objections to applying that Real Soon Now?
(When, exactly is the deadline to make today's minor release
cut-off?)

Maybe it's overly careful, but I personally slightly vote for applying
it after the backbranch releases. The current behaviour doesn't have any
harsh consequences and mostly reproduceable in artifical scenarios and
the logic here is complex enough that we might miss something.

Well, it's fairly harsh if the feature isn't working as advertised.

A day just doesn't leave much time to noticing any issues.

It's less than ideal, I agree, but it doesn't seem better to me to just leave the bug unfixed for another minor release. Even if we sit on this for another few months, I don't think we'll get any meaningful amount of extra testing on it.

- Heikki