On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 12:28 PM, Bruce Momjian <br...@momjian.us> wrote:
> How do we handle the Python dependency, or is this all to be done in
> some other language?  I certainly am not ready to take on that job.

I should think it possible to reimplement it in C.  It was considerably
useful to start by implementing in Python, as that evades various sorts
of efforts needed in C (e.g. - memory allocation, picking a hash table
implementation), and allows someone to hack on it without needing to
run through a recompile every time something is touched.