Hi pg_Hackers,

I would like to express my wonder to see the following line

#define ExclusiveLock                   7               /* blocks ROW
SHARE/SELECT...FOR

(line number 543) in /usr/include/postgresql/9.1/server/storage/lock.h
file, because ExclusiveLock is a name of a class in libspatialindex library
(see* *libspatialindex.github.io).

Using postgres SPI and the spatial library becomes quite a challenge in a
larger project, since the order of the includes starts making a big
difference. Suddenly the c++ pre-processor starts generating codes like

    class 7
    {

     }

I suppose changing the define to be all capital letters becomes a huge
problem, doesn't it ?

Cheers,
arturas

$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:    Ubuntu
Release:    12.04
Codename:    precise

$ psql -c 'select version()'

version
 PostgreSQL 9.1.9 on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc
(Ubuntu/Linaro 4.6.3-1ubuntu5) 4.6.3, 64-bit
(1 row)