On 2013-10-16 08:39:10 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 11:17 PM, Peter Eisentraut <pete...@gmx.net> wrote:
> > On Mon, 2013-10-14 at 18:14 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> >> > I cleaned the semaphores on smew, but they came back. Whatever is
> >> > crashing is leaving the semaphores lying around.
> >> Ugh. When did you do that exactly? I thought I fixed the problem
> >> that was causing that days ago, and the last 4 days worth of runs all
> >> show the "too many clients" error.
> > I did it a few times over the weekend. At least twice less than 4 days
> > ago. There are currently no semaphores left around, so whatever
> > happened in the last run cleaned it up.
> That seems to suggest I've introduced some bug. I'm at a loss as to
> what it is, though. :-(
Ah. I see the issue. To reproduce do something like
# mkdir /tmp/empty
# mount --bind /tmp/empty /dev/shm/
and then run initdb.
The issue is that test_config_settings determines max_connections
without disabling dynamic shared memory which consequently chooses posix
which doesn't work. Setting it to none during the test makes it work.
Andres Freund http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/
PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training & Services
Sent via pgsql-hackers mailing list (email@example.com)
To make changes to your subscription: