On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 3:04 AM, Piotr Marcinczyk <pmarc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to implement item from TODO marked as easy: "Add \i option
> to bring in the specified file as a quoted literal". I understand intent
> of this item, to be able to have parts of query written in separate
> files (now it is impossible, because \i tries to execute content of file
> as a separate command by function process_file).

For the usecase discussed in the mail chain of that TODO item, Robert
Haas has provided an alternative to achieve it, please check below
link:
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/AANLkTi=7c8xfyf7uqw0y+si8ondkoy2nx8jc4bu0g...@mail.gmail.com

If you think that alternative is not sufficient for the use case, then
adding new option/syntax is worth, otherwise it might be a shortcut or
other form of some existing way which can be useful depending on how
frequently users use this syntax.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.