> > PS: pg snapshot 09/11 does not compile on AIX (large files (don't want
> > _LARGE_FILES),
>
> Please provide details.

On AIX we would only want to make the large file api visible (_LARGE_FILE_API)
which automatically gets defined when xlc is used with -qlonglong.

#ifdef _LARGE_FILE_API
extern off64_t  lseek64(int, off64_t, int);
#endif

configure somehow thinks it needs to #define _LARGE_FILES though, which
then clashes with pg_config.h's _LARGE_FILES. I think the test needs to
#include unistd.h .

> > and mb conversions (pg_ascii2mic and pg_mic2ascii not
> > found in the postmaster and not included from elsewhere)

shared libs on AIX need to be able to resolve all symbols at linkage time.
Those two symbols are in backend/utils/SUBSYS.o but not in the postgres
executable.
My guess is, that they are eliminated by the linker ? Do they need an extern
declaration ?

Andreas