Andrew Dunstan <and...@dunslane.net> writes:
> Personally I don't get the mania about trailing whitespace, but maybe
> that's just me.

For me, it's an easily-checked thing that will reduce pgindent noise
later.  (Actually I tend to pgindent stuff before committing, these
days, but sometimes that's impractical because somebody's already
committed some not-well-indented stuff elsewhere in the same file.)

> We could certainly implement a hook on the server that would reject
> cases that fail this test, but we might find it hamstrings us a bit in
> future. I'm not sure what else could be done to remedy committer
> forgetfulness, though.

I agree that that would not be a good idea.