2013/11/12 Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
> Kohei KaiGai <kai...@kaigai.gr.jp> writes:
>> 2013/11/12 Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
>>> There's no possible way you'll finish this for 9.4.
>
>> Yes, I understand it is not possible to submit whole of the patch until
>> CF3 deadline. So, I'd like to find out a way to implement it as an
>> extension using facilities being supported or to be enhanced on v9.4.
>
> Oh!  Okay, I misunderstood the context --- you meant this as an example
> use-case for the custom plan feature, right?  Makes more sense now.
>
> I'm still dubious that it'd actually be very useful in itself, but it
> seems reasonable as a test case to make sure that a set of hooks for
> custom plans are sufficient to do something useful with.

Yes. I intend to put most of this table-caching feature on the custom-scan
APIs set, even though it may take additional hooks due to its nature,
independent from planner and executor structure.

So, are you thinking it is a feasible approach to focus on custom-scan
APIs during the upcoming CF3, then table-caching feature as use-case
of this APIs on CF4?

Thanks,
--
KaiGai Kohei <kai...@kaigai.gr.jp>