On Fri, Sep 20, 2002 at 01:32:52PM +0100, Nigel J. Andrews wrote:

> the hardware. On the other hand I do believe I saw a message
> recently saying that some of the 2.4 series kernels had file system
> bugs.

I recall problems, offhand, with 2.4.5, 2.4.10, 2.4.11 (which was so
broken that you couldn't recover), and 2.4.15.  I seem to recall a
report on 2.4.12, also.  There's a page at
<http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/rgooch/linux/docs/kernel-newsflash.html>
that provides some summaries of known problems, and filesystem
corruption doesn't show up for all the ones I mentioned, so maybe my
memory is faulty (alas, I didn't get the ECC option).

----
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                              M2P 2A8
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110