2013/11/19 Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com>

> On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 10:59 AM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.steh...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >> Now that having been said, I'm a bit wary of adding every new frammish
> >> someone suggests to PL/pgsql.  Many of the things we've added recently
> >> are things I anticipate that I'll never use.
> >
> > lot of features are popular with some delay. CTE is very popular now, and
> > two years ago only few developers used it. Lot of applications are
> developed
> > for 9.1 still.
>
> I think that's true, but not particularly relevant.  CTEs are
> obviously a major feature; a lot of the stuff we've been adding to
> PL/pgsql is tinkering around the edges.

I agree so almost all last features are not major features - but I don't
think so it is wrong (and structured exception is not minor feature).
Almost all work is done.

There are only few issues, that should be solved:

* deeper checking embedded SQL
* more robust work with nested types - assign statement
* some support for large and complex projects (support for developer tools
like coverage calculation, dependency graphs and assertions)

Regards

Pavel