On 19 November 2013 22:54, Kevin Grittner <kgri...@ymail.com> wrote:

> Szymon Guz <mabew...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > is clang supported for compiling Postgres? I found some websites
> > with information that some people compiled Postgres succesfully,
> > but I got plenty of errors even with running ./configure. So I'm
> > wondering if it's my fault, however gcc works properly.
>
> I am able to build with this version of clang:
>
> Ubuntu clang version 3.4-1~exp1 (trunk) (based on LLVM 3.4)
> Target: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
> Thread model: posix
>
> All I do is `export CC=clang` before running ./configure and make.
>
> I was getting three benign warnings which didn't show up for gcc,
> and recently committed changes to quiet those.

Hi Kevin,
thanks for the answer.

I still get about twenty errors like:

checking zlib.h usability... no
checking zlib.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: zlib.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: zlib.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: zlib.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: zlib.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
configure: WARNING: zlib.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
configure: WARNING: zlib.h: in the future, the compiler will take precedence
configure: WARNING:     ## ---------------------------------------- ##
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to pgsql-b...@postgresql.org ##

But it seems that I'm using older clang:
Debian clang version 3.2-7ubuntu1 (tags/RELEASE_32/final) (based on LLVM
3.2)
Target: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
Thread model: posix

So maybe that's the problem, I will update clang and try once again.

thanks,
Szymon