On 2013-11-20 05:30:39 -0800, Kevin Grittner wrote:
> > Yes. There's less expensive ways to do it, but those seem to
> > complicated to suggest.
>
> Wouldn't a database VACUUM FREEZE fix it, with WAL-logged writing
> of everything that doesn't yet have hint bits set?

Besides also being pretty expensive it still wouldn't correct the clog -
and we don't always rely on hint bits.

I was thinking about just copying over the clog from the primary, but
it's not trivial if the standby isn't cought up, since the primary's
clog could have been truncated ahead of what the standby needs.

Greetings,

Andres Freund