On 11/26/13 1:05 PM, Sawada Masahiko wrote:
When I execute query which contains error, the server returns error
with line number.

ERROR:  relation "hoge" does not exist
LINE 35: hoge;

But when query is long, I was not sure the location where I wrote wrong SQL.
Does the psql have option which shows line number?
If no, I'm thinking to implement this feature. Thought?
I think it is useful if the psql shows line number like follows

If the query is long, you'll likely want to \e to edit it anyway, no? I'm sure any text editor worth $EDITOR will know how to jump to a specific line.

Regards,
Marko Tiikkaja