Andres Freund <and...@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
>> On 2013-12-03 09:48:23 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> Is this bad enough that we need to re-wrap the release?

> After looking, I think I am revising my opinion. The broken locking
> behaviour (outside of freeze, which I don't see how we can fix in time),
> is actually bad.
> Would that stop us from making the release date with packages?

That's hardly answerable when you haven't specified how long you
think it'd take to fix.

In general, though, I'm going to be exceedingly unhappy if this release
introduces new regressions.  If we have to put off the release to fix
something, maybe we'd better do so.  And we'd damn well better get it
right this time.