On 1/4/14, 8:19 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
Also, while multixactid_freeze_min_age should be low, perhaps a
million as you suggest, multixactid_freeze_table_age should NOT be
lowered to 3 million or anything like it.  If you do that, people who
are actually doing lots of row locking will start getting many more
full-table scans.  We want to avoid that at all cost.  I'd probably
make the default the same as for vacuum_freeze_table_age, so that
mxids only cause extra full-table scans if they're being used more
quickly than xids.

Same default as vacuum_freeze_table_age, or default TO vacuum_freeze_table_age?
I'm thinking the latter makes more sense...
--
Jim C. Nasby, Data Architect                       j...@nasby.net