On 01/18/2014 02:42 AM, Amit Kapila wrote:
On Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 2:48 AM, Andrew Dunstan <and...@dunslane.net> wrote:
On 01/17/2014 03:15 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

The other possibility I was contemplating is that "export a const
variable" doesn't actually work for some reason.  We're not in the habit
of doing that elsewhere, so I don't find that theory outlandish.  Perhaps
it could be fixed by adding PGDLLIMPORT to the extern, but on the whole
I'd rather avoid the technique altogether.
Is there any specific reason why adding PGDLLIMPORT for exporting
const variables is not good, when we are already doing for other variables
like InterruptHoldoffCount, CritSectionCount?

On searching in code, I found that for few const variables we do
extern PGDLLIMPORT. For example:
extern PGDLLIMPORT const int NumScanKeywords;
extern PGDLLIMPORT const char *debug_query_string;

[...]
After adding PGDLLIMPORT to variables (ImmediateInterruptOK,
MyBgworkerEntry, shm_mq_minimum_size) both the tests defined in
contrib module passed.

Attached patch fixes the problems related to test_shm_mq for me.

OK, I'll apply this later today unless there are strong objections. That would get the buildfarm green again and we could argue about the rest later if necessary.

cheers

andrew