On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 6:57 PM, MauMau <maumau...@gmail.com> wrote:
> From: "Amit Kapila" <amit.kapil...@gmail.com>
>> Today, I reviewed the patch again and found it okay, except a small
>> inconsistency which is about default event source name in
>> postgresql.conf, all other places it's changed except in .conf file.
>> Do you think it makes sense to change there as well?
>

> Oh, I missed it.  postgresql.conf.sample says:
>
> # The commented-out settings shown in this file represent the default
> values.
>
> To follow this, we have the line as:
>
> #event_source = 'PostgreSQL 9.4'
>
> But this requires us to change this line for each major release.  That's a
> maintenance headache.

What I had in mind was to change it during initdb, we are already doing it
for some other parameter (unix_socket_directories), please refer below
code in initdb.c

#ifdef HAVE_UNIX_SOCKETS
snprintf(repltok, sizeof(repltok), "#unix_socket_directories = '%s'",
DEFAULT_PGSOCKET_DIR);
#else
snprintf(repltok, sizeof(repltok), "#unix_socket_directories = ''");
#endif
conflines = replace_token(conflines, "#unix_socket_directories = '/tmp'",
                                       repltok);

Could you once check if it is possible in above way to change
event_source?

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.