On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 03:30:38PM -0500, John Liu wrote:
> what's the default lock in pgsql?
>
> if I issued insert(copy)/or update processed
> on the same table but on different records
> the same time, how those processes will
> affect each other?

You might want to check out the docs at

<http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/pgsql/src/tools/backend/index.html>

and

<http://www.ca.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.2/postgres/mvcc.html>

to learn the answers to these questions.  There's no general answer
to your question, exactly, since you talk about insert, copy, and
update.

----
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                              M2P 2A8
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster