On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 11:10:48AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> The argument about wanting to assemble a pg_hba file from separately
> managed configuration pieces seems to have some merit, but the weak
> spot there is how do you define the search order?  Or are you planning
> to just cross your fingers and hope it doesn't matter too much?

Well, in my case since the only auth method used is md5 the order
really doesn't matter.  Besides the point that each combination of
dbname and username only appears once.

But for a general use feature I can imagine it would be a concern.

This is not an important feature for me though: the config file is
generated by puppet with a bunch of loops and an include directory
would not really reduce the amount of work.

Have a nice day,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout   <klep...@svana.org>   http://svana.org/kleptog/
> not attach much importance to his own thoughts.
   -- Arthur Schopenhauer