On 02/26/2014 09:17 AM, Christophe Pettus wrote:
> On Feb 25, 2014, at 1:57 PM, Hannu Krosing <ha...@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>
>> It is not in any specs, but nevertheless all major imlementations do it and
>> some code depends on it.
> I have no doubt that some code depends on it, but "all major implementations"
> is
> too strong a statement.  BSON, in particular, does not have stable field
> order.
First, BSON is not JSON :)

And I do not really see how the don't preserve the field order - the
structure
is pretty similar to tnetstrings, just binary concatenation of datums
with a bit
more types.

It is possible that some functions on BSON do not preserve it for some
reason ...

Cheers

--
Hannu Krosing